Restaurant and Bar Accidents
Nobody expects to be injured when they go out to a bar or restaurant. As a result, most people are unprepared when an accident such as a slip and fall occurs. Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries that will affect your life in many ways and in some cases permanently. In California, bars and restaurants have a duty to protect guests from injuries caused by dangerous property conditions. Examples of dangerous conditions in a bar or restaurant include:
- Potholes or cracks in sidewalks or parking lots
- Uneven steps or stairs with missing handrails
- Food, water or another substance on a floor that causes you to slip and fall
- Low lighting conditions that can cause you to trip over an unseen object
- Things that stick out from walls or ceilings
- A seating area with an unsafe edge
- Hot food or liquids that cause burn injuries when spilled on you
Protect Your Rights If You Are Injured
Even though the liability for an injury may seem clear, most bar and restaurant owners will do anything they can to avoid paying damages, especially if you have suffered a serious injury. For example, a restaurant owner may claim that you were drunk or did not seem injured following the accident. To protect your rights:
- Go to your primary care doctor or emergency room as soon as possible. Tell the physician what you are experiencing so it will be recorded. If you need follow-up care, be sure to get it.
- Speak to a lawyer. Without speaking to a lawyer, you probably won’t know how to best document the incident or what remedies are available to you.
Free Lawyer Consultation
Don’t give us your trust now. Let us earn it. To talk to an attorney at our Los Angeles office about your premises liability case, call (310) 478-4349 or fill out the contact form on this site.